Saturday, August 27, 2005

Used to, Not Anymore

Image hosted by TinyPic.com


Have you had experience the life of Christian when you were in the church and decided to quit --- for some reason or you maybe heard the Word of God through preaching or sharing by your Pastor or co-Christian, and feel so difficult to accept the reality when the Pastor from your church preached something that deals about the true living Christian.

Unfortunately, I see myself from those years when I starting out strong in walk with God, but for some reason I started to fade and eventually drop off and quit. I shut off the door of my heart to everyone and to God. It is like when you go for a long race and many runners get weary of waiting for a prize and decide to quit.

I remember back years when I was a backslider; I turned myself away from God for I feel I don’t deserve to be there. There weren't any days that I wasn't miserable person after I quit attending the church that was a big regret I ever made.

During those days - I came to realized that I need that message even it hurts sometimes. And I need God. I need his guidance, I need His Word for I am a lost person--- as part of my study and my journey as Christian. I realized that the life of Christian is not a hundred yard dash, but it is a long-distance race and going to a close relationship with God is total commitment that holds you to eternal life.

There is this verse as says, “When people start rejecting God they need other things to hold life together. For everyone who turns away from God, those other things are but “broken water pots” that don’t hold anything of value.”

As I see this picture, if people believe that the Christian life means having their problems solved immediately, always treated right by people, never having doubts about the future, having prayers always answered within the days expected, and always being treated and entertained by church, then people are running after the wrong prize --- they’ll be disappointed, grow tired and give up.

But I do believe if the goal is simply to know God who always there who created us and loved us to die on a cross to save us from our sin then we’ll never grow weary. I also believe when you in the Word of God there is always something new to discover about the richness and depth of God’s love for us.

One thing I have learned is, “give God permission to change you---focus on how well you are doing and let God to work with you in His perfect time.”

There is this quote from a friend reminding me, says:

“If there was ever a contest to see whether you could sin more than He could forgive, you would lose the contest…He is so rich in forgiveness."

Psalms 103:11 For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Ms.elove.. Great post


In Matthew 13:31 Jesus said that " The kingdom of heaven is like to
a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:
which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is
the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of
the air come and lodge in the branches thereof. "

Jesus used this parable to sow his own seed in the heart of those
who are opened to it. Jesus knows how we were born short of
knowledge but with the right guidance, it can grow and bear the
fruit of understanding. God knows we need time. Not even Jesus's
twelve disciple understood at first not until all things were
revealed to them. when Jesus's mission fullfilled.

I am not farmer nor a gardener for that matter but i do know that in
order for seeds to grow, they need to be planted into the right
foundation for it the grow in abundance. Lucky are those who has
their seed of understanding planted at the right place at the right
time. but their job should not end there. they have to be
responsible enough to maintain and build into it so that no one
(like the devil ) can take it away.. YOu are truly saved when Jesus
Himself say you are.

but not everyone can be that lucky. again things takes time.. as
long as one believed there is hope. Jesus seed is in all of us..
soemtimes we just need to cultivate the ground of our thinking and
make a change. sun always rises and raing falls when you least
expect .

God's door is always open. jesus is waiting

1:36 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

I think you're right - the process and the goal are about knowing God.

I'm wondering: do you think the only possibility for anyone to undergo this process is by believing in Jesus as the divine Savior and Son of God?

People of other faiths sometimes believe this about their own. For example, there are Muslims who believe God will judge you harshly unless you choose to believe that Mohammed is the Seal of the Prophets and the Koran is God's final revelation. This is what they have been taught in their mosques, just as Christians have been taught otherwise in their churches.

Is anyone to blame over this? Is their really any fault? Or could all these people be sincere?

11:17 AM  
Blogger mS eLoVe said...

Hi Paul,

People with their faith may feel good to them and it could be a way of their living, a practice, a ritual, an idea, a purported spiritual entity, --- they maybe also sincere for what they believe in and people can also develop their faith or believe for something by a "choice".

By choice and committing a life with all these thoughts, ideas, habits and all the spiritual belief or anything to a certain set of beliefs without looking back to the real "ONE", then the possibility of this life could-build on a unsubstantial foundation.

Thanks for stopping by and checking this personal blog.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

What do you make of the fact that other people, say Muslims, are equally convinced that their idea of God is the real "ONE?" And that others have insubstantial foundations?

To me, I think God speaks more than one language. I see too many things in common in the world's relgions, especially if you look at experiences. For example, if you read accounts of Buddhists in meditation, the experiences they describe are very much like those of Christian contemplatives. Unfortunately, Christianity has pretty much confined our own ancient contemplative tradition to monasteries. Many Christians don't even know it exists.

Religious people talk so much about the things they disagree about. I wish there would be more talk about the things we agree about. Morality would be another area where there is widespread agreement.

6:28 AM  
Blogger AsianSmiles said...

knock knock... anybody home?

ms. e.. are u ok? YM is silent too.. :(

(i'll delete this comment later....)

2:57 PM  
Blogger DearestWarrior said...

hi!

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home