Sunday, August 14, 2005

Obeying God

On this long trip of journey as Christian, I sometimes started wondering if I going to the right way. Or Am I following the Lord'swill? Though God may reveal His plan to me, and the steps on achieving it aren't always obvious. I only have this small knowledge to understand everything that God wants to reveal for me.

As a Christian, I travel along a path of obedience, though, most likely experience conflict. It challenge me this, sometimes what I think or what I want is contrary to God's plan, or I could say, there is a conflict between God's values and in my own little world.To learn this obedience requires moving ahead of God's signal, even when every detail is not clear.

Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. Forthere is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

I asked this again to myself, "How can I obey God?" how would I know about obedience? Should I keep on silence and let Him speak? And will see what happen?

I believe that a life of obedience requires learning total submission to God, and His way is perfect. We are to surrender our desires to His, even when we do not understand or when the cost seems high to achieve. Also requires willingness to accept divine chastisement. Though, no one here lives a perfect life---and we go off course daily but I do believe that God will discipline us in order to turn us back toward Him.

Hebrews 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourge the very son whom he receiveth.

Hebrews 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Obeying God is not required of doing sort of exorcism, fasting or any kind of practices that not pleases God. But obeying God is tied closely to living obedient lives in meditating upon the Word of God.


Meditating means reading the Scriptures and asking ourselves this:

"What do these verses teach me about God or myself? Is there any example to follow or to avoid? Is this a command, a promise, or a warning that I need to understand it and to apply? What action do I need take to align my life with this Truth?"

Psalms 119:15 I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.

Acts 5:29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

1 Comments:

Blogger AsianSmiles said...

Ms E... i love this piece.
i loved it when you posted it in ECG..

thanks.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home