Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Serving God brings Joy

Psalms 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Psalms 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

Psalms 51:12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

Psalms 51:13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

There is no joy like love. There is no joy but love. Christ had just spoken of the Father's love and His own abiding in it, and of His having loved us with that same love.

His Joy is nothing but the joy of love, of being loved and of loving. It was the joy of receiving His Father's love and abiding in it, and then the joy of passing on that love and pouring it out on sinners.

It is this joy He wants us to share - the joy of being loved of the Father and of Him, the joy of it our turn loving and living for those around us.

1 Comments:

Blogger John Paraiso said...

Nice blog. Thanks for remembering me.

Love and kisses,
John P.

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home