Tuesday, November 01, 2005

30 Days of Praise: Day1 - A Consecrated Life

30 Days of Praise: A Consecrated Life
by Dr. Paul Chappell

2 Corinthians 6:17"Wherefore come out from among them, and be yeseparate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing]; and I will receive you,"

One of the many ways of expressing praise to God is through a life that is wholly consecrated to Him. In other words, praise is notmerely the act of saying something with our mouths, but is the_expression of the way we live each day.

A few years ago, I was witnessing to a man in our community. As I began sharing the Gospel with him, he told me of a man who worked with him in the aerospace industry. He said, "That man is always so positive about his God and his church." After an hour or so in his home, I was able to lead the gentleman to Christ. I believe it was in great part due to the consecrated life of a co-worker who brought praise to God every day.

In 1 Peter 1:15 the Bible says, "Because it is written, be ye holy for I am holy." The word "holy" means "set apart." Sometimes we refer to holiness as being sanctified. In other words, God wants our livesto be ready, so that at any moment, people may observe that our lives bring praise and honor to the Lord.

Second Timothy 2:21 says, "If aman therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, [and] prepared unto every good work."

If I go to our kitchen and take a glass out of the cupboard that has old crusty milk inside and for some reason has not been cleaned, I am not going to use that glass. It will have to be set aside. I am looking for a glass that has been cleaned, consecrated, or prepared for my use. A life that is clean and separated unto the Lord is one that will bring praise to Him!

Quote of the Day:"The one who follows Christ leads the way for others."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home