Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Single But Not Alone

Image hosting by TinyPic


One thing that I have always admired in “single” people are their “courage”, for daring to be themselves. Of course I also hold at the outmost regards their sincerities and their faithfulness in God, in spite of them still being single.

I am guessing perhaps many of you out there are still single and aiming for someone to be with you for the rest of your lives. That maybe, just maybe praying and hoping that someday with God’s help and by his will, you will finally meet that perfect guy or that perfect girl that you have long dreamed and desired. As I have always believed, whenever you are looking for anything that has to do with love, you must have learned to be patient. There is no need to hurry. Love will come in due time.

I have a co-worker. She is a single Christian and a very devouted one at that. She is very nice and great to be with. Every time I have conversation with her, she always gives out this positive outlook in life, which I am very delighted to hear. One time I asked her about what her views are about being a single person and of how she enjoys her life even if she is alone and busy with career.

With her permission, allow me and let me share you the words from a single lady name Begonia, who loves Jesus as her Saviour. Here are the words of single Lady who love serving the church ministry with all her heart.

Lastly, I have very good verse for you to leave tonight.

Psalms 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Good Night!
-----

The single life
by Ms. Begonia C.

Without hesitation, I would rather to be a single girl than an unhappy marriage. Being a single, I could say it is just a temporary period. Like my sister-in-law, she got married when she was 52 years old. My pastors, she was married during the age of 60. However, some people no matter they are male or female, when they have their marriage around 20 or 30 years old. Finally, they divorced.

The point is how you manage your life, how you make the positioning when you are still single. You can be a volunteer to serve the community without the family burden. You can even take part in different courses to widen your networking, such as join the dancing club, cooking classes, singing group, or professional training courses in order to widen your networking. Always making friends with your neighbors so that you will not feel alone. Do not feel embarrassing in the group of married couples because it is a good chance to understand their feeling how to handle the relationship between their spouse and children. Just open yourself and you will learn something.

Don’t just stay at home and do nothing, you will be so sad. However, going to the library and read some books, most of the time, I spend myself in the Word of God. It is a greatest way to relax and polish your knowledge. Do enjoy your single life because it is the gracious gift from God. I have committed myself to serve God no matter I am single or married. Don’t always ask God why I am still single, instead, asking God to use YOU as a light and salt to serve people. Definitely, you will be the happiest girl in the world and you will be blessed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

singleness gives us such great oppurtunities that marriage would have restricted, if those who are married would encourage singles more and let them appreciate their status, we would all grow i grace, graciously.

okokon, cyprus

2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home